Linian deliver affordable, accredited and approved training on overhead crane & hoist operation – lifting and slinging. Our training is tailored to suit individual requirements and can be site specific.
- BS7121 “Safe Use of Cranes”
- The Lifting Equipment Engineers Association Code of Practice.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 (HSW Act)
- The Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- The Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (MHSW)
Standard Course Content includes the following
- Accidents – Their Causes & Prevention.
- Selection and Inspection of Lifting Tackle.
- Care & Maintenance of Equipment.
- Slinging Techniques, Weight Estimation, etc.
- Banksman/Slinger Duties including Signals.
- Management and Planning of Lifting Operations.
- Spotting Hazards.
- Risk Assessments.
- Method Statements.
- Crane Controls - Pendant and Radio/Infra-Red Remote.
- Practical Crane Operation.
At the end of each course there is a summary and delegate assessment, followed by the award of certificates.
Typical course duration is one full day, depending on the delegate’s prior knowledge of cranes and lifting equipment, and take place on the customer’s premises. A suitable meeting room should be provided plus access to cranes or hoists in the workshop.
Getting in touch
“Whatever your lifting application the chances are that LINIAN have done it before and forty years experience combined with a bang up to date understanding of modern engineering principles, materials and techniques guarantees the best and most cost effective hoisting solutions.”